Stage 1 | Develop your business case
We offer a 10-week business development program with boot camps, 1-on-1 coaching and mentoring to develop an initial idea – a breakthrough research result – into a solid business case. View all the 19 Venture Challenge editions from 2008 until 2018.
- to analyze customer value propositions
- to identify key risks and assumptions
- to develop a validation and de-risking strategy
- to build a venture plan
- and how to get connected to experts and funders
How it works?
- The Venture Challenge consists of a series of boot camps and coaching sessions; it takes around three months from start to finish.
- Guided by a dedicated team of experienced trainers and challenged by your peers and industry experts you will translate your invention into a viable business idea.
- After the boot camps and coaching sessions you will pitch your venture to the Venture Challenge jury, consisting of seasoned entrepreneurs and investors, who will then decide who takes home the €25,000 prize money.
- You will be introduced to representatives of all relevant early stage life Sciences investors.
- The winner of the Venture Challenge will be publically announced at a large life sciences business conference offering great exposure.
- Read about the valuable programme in detail and download the Venture Challenge Factsheet or view the Venture Challenge animation we made a couple of years ago.
How to enter?
- You first download, fill in and submit the Venture Proposal Form > after pre-screen candidates are invited for a 1-hour intake interview > a maximum of 6 teams are selected to participate.
- To enter the Venture Challenge you need to have a team of at least 3 people, and we expect you to attend both boot camps (2 times 3 days incl. overnight stays) and the final pitch event.
- We ask a fee of €2000,- per team of 3 participants to cover materials, hotel accommodation and meals.
- Still questions left? Don’t hesitate to send us an email of give us a call
Venture Challenge Fall 2018, 10 years anniversary edition:
- Deadline application: 10 September 2018;
- Interviews: 19 and 21 September 2018;
- Workshop I: 3 – 5 October 2018;
- Workshop II: 7 – 9 November 2018;
- Finals: 23 November 2018;
- Announcement of the winner: 29 November 2018, Dutch Life Sciences Conference.
Get the most out of the LS@W Accelerator
Interested in previous Venture Challenges?
- Check out which teams participated and what they offered.
- Also listed are all winners of the Venture Challenge Award.