Stage 2 | Expert Classes | Gain knowledge in sector relevant topics, meet valuable new contacts, strengthen your business case.
LS@W Expert Classes are a series of targeted workshops organised in close collaboration with industry experts on relevant topics for Life Sciences and Medical Technologies Startups. The programme offers also 1-on-1 discussions and consultations with our mentoring Expert and Alumni to help you out, by sharing their expertise. Our Expert Classes will educate you on the specific stages of your startup.
2019 Expert Classes | upcoming
18 October 2019 | Manufacturing and control of new medicines | Leiden
- The development of a new medicine is a highly complex process and involves various disciplines. Many first in human studies in the EU have been delayed due to lack of required information in the Investigational Medicinal Product Dossier (IMPD), which needs to be submitted to the regulatory authorities before starting a clinical trial. The IMPD describes the chemistry, manufacturing and control (CMC) of the chemical or biological drug in a clinical trial application. This quality module contains information on the drug substance (active pharmaceutical ingredient), drug product (for example an injectable, capsule or tablet product) and a placebo.
- As a startup working on new a new drug, it is essential for you to know what the authorities expect to see in your dossier. In the upcoming LS@W Expert Class, 4 CMC experts will share their in-depth knowledge of CMC requirements for early development of drug products. The experts will address essential quality data, provide strategic information on CMC writing, and illustrate how to adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) throughout the product life-cycle.
This is your chance to interact with seasoned professionals who have over 10-30 years of experience in managing pharmaceutical discovery and development projects at Pharma companies. Through real-life cases, you will obtain a better and useful insight what it takes to transform the idea for an innovative drug into a product to be used in clinical trials.
13 December 2019 | Funding your company | The Hague
- Concept and program development will start after the summer period. Are you interested to contribute as an expert or as a sponsor? Please contact Ellen de Waal, see email address below.
How to participate? and more information
- Registration? Easy, send an email to Ellen de Waal | firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Who can attend? Expert classes are specially organized for Venture Challenge and Value Centre alumni, as well as for Take off participants. Startups not (yet) part of our LS@W community but who are interested in participating can join, provided you match our community profile.
- What else can you do? Tell us what your specific interest is. The programme of each Expert Class is designed to match your needs on how to be lectured and informed. Share your questions and/or issues on the topics of above-mentioned Expert Classes with us.
2019 Expert Classes | past
Negotiations & Licensing | 5 July 2019 | UMCU
- Experts lectures from Utrecht Holding, Cristal Therapeutics, GenDx, Loyens & Loeff
- TTO contributions from Oncode Institute, Erasmus MC, IXA/Amsterdam UMC, Utrecht Holding/Utrecht UMC
- Presentations: Oscar Schoots | Cristianne Rijcken | Wietse Mulder | Hamza Zourakhti
- TTO panel: Veerle Fleskens | Jacqueline Bia | Michelle Meeks | Genoveva Heldens
- Organised in close collaboration with: Utrecht Holding
- Link to handout part 1 & handout part 2
- Link to programme web post
Clinical Trials & Regulatory Affair | 29 March 2019 | Pivot Park Oss
Health Technology Assessment & Reimbursement | 15 February 2019 | UMCA
Special thanks to the contributing organizations 2019:
Let us guide you in the right direction. Join the Expert Classes!
2018 Expert Classes
Funding and Partnerships | 6 July | TU/E Innovation Lab, Eindhoven
Intellectual Property & Licensing | 25 May| YesDelft
Special thanks to the contributing organizations 2018:
2017 Expert Classes
Funding & Partnerships | 21 April | NKI, Amsterdam
Ownership of your Innovation (IP) and How to make the best Deal | 7 July | Science Tower, Rotterdam
Clinical Trials & Regulatory Affairs | 22 September | BioPartner Center, Leiden
Health Technology Assessment & Reimbursement | Communications & Branding | Incubator Utrecht Inc, Utrecht
Special thanks to the contributing organizations 2017:
2016 Expert Classes
Tax and Legal | 11 March | Loyens & Loeff, Amsterdam
Funding | 20 April | Health~Holland, The Hague
IP and Licensing | 30 September | Loyens & Loeff, Amsterdam
Communications Matter! | 9 December | Info.nl, Amsterdam
Special thanks to the contributing organizations 2016:
Get the most out of the LS@W Accelerator