Predictive toxicity services: Fast and reliable toxicity testing of compounds.
“At Toxys we strongly believe in bringing high quality information to our partners and clients. I strongly believe that the future for human safety assessment is not with simple tests that only provide a yes or no answers, but advanced in vitro models that provide reliable and relevant insight into the mechanism of action of novel chemicals and materials. We are committed to support our partners in understanding their latest compounds and in making the right decisions during R&D of novel products.”
Giel Hendriks, CEO Toxys
Toxys is a Dutch biotech company that provides innovative in vitro toxicity screening solutions to rapidly identify hazardous and potential carcinogenic properties of novel compounds during the early phases of product and drug development. We aim to bring information to our customers that is essential to make informed decisions on which compounds to progress in the drug/compound development pipeline, thereby contributing to the development of better medicines and products and to reduce animal testing.
Every novel chemical compound that is developed by pharmaceutical, chemical, cosmetics or food companies has to be rigorously tested for human health hazards before being considered safe for marketing. Current in vitro genotoxicity tests, which are an essential part of compound risk assessment, generally suffer from a low predictive value, which is a major financial drain for industry. To meet the demands from industry for better tests, Toxys is offering the ToxTracker assay.
ToxTracker® is a high throughput stem cell-based reporter assay for carcinogenicity hazard identification. The assay detects activation of specific cellular signalling pathways as the result of biological reactivity of the tested compounds and is thereby able to discriminate between the induction of DNA damage, oxidative stress, protein damage and general cellular stress. On top of superior sensitivity and specificity, the ToxTracker assay provides mechanistic insight into the reactive properties of chemicals thereby improving the economics for its customers, reducing timelines and generating opportunities for compound design adjustments.
Next to developing assays that provide novel insight into (toxic) MOA we are active in aligning our efforts with regulatory agencies so that you are optimally assisted in your dossier building and decision making.
In 2014, founder Giel Hendriks obtained pre-seed financing from NGI to start Toxys and to bring the ToxTracker assay to the market.
- HollandBio BioBusiness Masterclass in 2015 (winner)
- Venture Challenge Fall 2013
- LS@W: Growth capital for biotech company Toxys to develop toxicological tests. Toxys participated in the Venture Challenge Fall 2013.
- ZeeuwsInvesteringsFonds: Toxys awarded € 50.000 by EIT Health to develop Reprotracker – an in vitro assay for reproductive Toxity.
- InnovationQuarter: Nieuwe locatie biotechbedrijf Toxys feestelijk geopend in Leiden.
- InnovationQuarter: Growth capital for biotech company Toxys to develop toxicological tests.
- HollandBio: Toxys wint BioBusiness Masterclass Award 2015.
- LUMC: Spin-off LUMC test stoffen op kankerverwekkende eigenschappen.
- Giel Hendriks | Phone: +31 71 332 2470 | email@example.com | @Toxys_BV