Apply now for the Venture Challenge Spring 2024
On 1 January 2024 a new application round of the Venture Challenge has opened. During the 10-week Venture Challenge program starting entrepreneurs in lifesciences are guided in developing their business plan and starting a company. The deadline for applying is 6 February 2024, 14:00 CET.
The Venture Challenge is a 10-week programme to develop an initial idea – a breakthrough research result – into a solid business case. Participate and learn to build a customer value proposition, identify key risks and assumptions, develop a validation and de-risking strategy, build and pitch a Venture Plan and get connected to Life Sciences experts, investors and seasoned entrepreneurs.
How to enter?
- Application for the Venture Challenge is done via the NWO website.
- After pre-screen candidates are invited for an intake interview; a maximum of 6 teams are selected to participate.
- To enter the Venture Challenge you need to have a team of at least 3 people, and at least 2 team members are expected to attend both bootcamps (2 times 3 days incl. overnight stays), the final pitch event and winner announcement (this is done at a large lifesciences event).
- Participants pay a fee of €2000,- per team of 3.
- The winning team receives a €25.000,- prize
- For more detailed information about the application procedure visit the NWO website.
Do you wonder what is the right time to participate? This post explains it all.
Need help with the application? Please don't hesitate to reach out!
“The venture challenge was a very beneficial programme for us. We sharpened our focus to identify our unique selling points. It enabled us to view crucial aspects from a different and critical perspective. Alongside learning from seasoned professionals, much value was added by our fellow participants. It’s our mission now to execute our venture plan and make ExCulture a success.”
- Aisling Foley and Ilaria Poledri, founders of ExCulture, Venture Challenge Spring 2023 Winners