The national accelerator program for high-potential start-ups in Life Sciences and Medical Technologies
Starting up a company requires not only a good idea and lots of enthusiasm, but also involves often a long difficult development path with many hurdles. In life sciences taking an invention from the lab to the market typically takes 5 to 10 years and requires several tenths of millions of euros of investment. In case of a new drug, a new device or a new therapy this can even take as long as 15 years and cost up to millions of euros.
We help you:
- to transform breakthrough research and groundbreaking inventions into clear startup business cases;
- to strengthen your existing business case;
- to prepare your startup for market fit and growth;
- to obtain funding, partners and market introductions;
- to connect to valuable communities including venture capitalists, industry experts, seasoned entrepreneurs, and LS@W alumni.
Only the best ideas based on excellent science, with high growth potential, large commercial and societal benefits, and an international scope will be selected by LS@W. After admittance you can profit by participating in the Venture Challenge, Expert Classes and Value Centre. These three programmes are developed to help scientists build their own business.