This was the Venture Challenge 2022 Finale!
The Venture Challenge Spring 2022 teams went through bootcamp 2 at Pivot Park a couple of weeks ago. At bootcamp they have worked on further developing their business case with a focus on their financials and development plan. They have also prepared their final presentation and did a dry run to investors and entrepreneurs in preparation of the Venture Challenge Finals on September 17th. In between the hard work the teams learned valuable lessons from Venture Challenge alumnus Tony van Tienen from Atro Medical on the rollercoaster ride they can expect when raising money and doing clinical trials.
Between bootcamp 2 and now there have been multiple coaching sessions with Math and Chrétien to finetune the pitch even further. And.. Today was the big day!
Picture this: a room full of investors, a diverse and very skilled jury and 5 highly motivated start-up teams pitching their innovative idea or discovery on stage.
Today, the Venture Challenge Spring 2022 finals were held at Loyens & Loeff at the Zuidas Amsterdam. The teams held very thought through pitches and were well equipped to handle the 20 minute Q&A sessions during which the judges weren’t making their lives easy.
On September 9th at the Dutch Biotech Event 2022 the winners of this Venture Challenge will be announced and we will hand out the prize of 25.000 euro, make sure to be there!
One more time, our start-up teams:
- Anatomy Projector – Faster and safer surgery through projected augmented reality
- AutoScriber - A smart software solution for automatic summarisation and essential data capture in doctor-patient conversations.
- INBORN - Nanoparticles to cure difficult to treat bone infections
- Iprotics - iProtics is a biotech startup from Leiden University that specifically targets and inhibits the immunoproteasome with a proprietary best in class compound in order to cure multiple myeloma and other blood related cancers.
- Novuxion - Novuxion develops a "PET scan" in a droplet with a single-cell resolution for early diagnosis of metastatic cancer and therapy guidance.
A big thanks to our judges today:
- Carine van den Brink, Axon Lawyers,
- Geert-Jan Mulder, Forbion Capital,
- Olga Liska, Pivot Park,
- Jan Frens van Giessel, Holland Capital
- Daniela Begolo, INKEF Capital